By Miki Makrillos
This fall, fashion has a feminine touch. Get the look with these stylish trends and a bit of creative mixing. All fashions and accessories from Ann Taylor, available at anntaylor.com.
1. Give a stylish twist to a cardigan: Use an ANIMAL PRINT belt at the waist; wear with a full skirt and flats.
2. Throw on a PONCHO in a cozy knit or blanket-style wool; or don a shoulder-covering shrug to add evening chic.
3. DANGLING EARRINGS lend a touch of elegance for day or night.
4.Soften the look of menswear-inspired TROUSERS by adding a delicate top. A classic bag and heels complete the look.
5. Expand your horizons. Try a few COLOR COMBINATIONS such as ivory, bordeaux, and dark blue.
6. Look for classically shaped accessories with updated touches, like a rich-hued BAG bedecked with gold hardware.
7. Frills aren’t just for spring and summer anymore; indulge in a RUFFLED top for day into evening.
8. Use one piece of JEWELRY to make a style statement that is very personal and distinctive for either day or evening.
9. Accessorize a low-key look with eye-catching jewelry, such as a knockout NECKLACE.
10. Buck tradition—contrast bone-colored SHOES with black opaque hose. Keep the rest of your outfit neutral too.