By Daniel J. Bollinger
Head west to Hell’s Kitchen—one of the most changing neighborhoods in all of Manhattan. Here you’ll find 525W52, a new rental development brought to us by Taconic Investment Partners and Mitsui Fudoson America. The two tower development consists of 392 units of studios to two bedrooms. Count on sweeping views of Manhattan especially overlooking the Hudson River—with lots of amenities.
LIVING THE DREAM
The apartments are well designed with good layouts. These rentals offer more “condo-like” finishes than a standard NYC apartment. White oak floors, integrated cabinets, and stainless steel Blomberg and Fisher & Paykel appliances are just some of the high end finishes you will notice. Then, there are the features that are not obvious to the naked eye: double paned windows with sound attenuation and trickle vents—allowing air flow into the apartment without opening a window. Air conditioning and heat are controlled by the tenant because of their vertical heat pump system. All the apartments offer something special, some units have terraces with great views, while the non-terraced apartments offer home office spaces. But all units have floor to ceiling windows with solar shades so every apartment offers a great view of the city. Bosch washer/dryer is standard in all units.
Some of the design details that raise the standard at 525W52 are: The bathrooms have four medicine closets, all of them mirrored, one with a shelf. There are rain shower heads not only in the wet rooms but the handhelds have rain shower heads too! And important to all New Yorkers—plenty of closet space. The closets are built out with adjustable shelving to fit each tenants’ needs, and even the alcove studios have plenty of closet space.
The amount of amenities offered by new developments continues to impress me and 525W52 is no different. With four floors of amenities located on the Lobby Level, 2nd Floor, 15th Floor rooftop and Cellar, there is everything that you could ask for.
• On the Lobby Level there’s full concierge services offered by LIVunLtd. They will get you reservations at any restaurant, tickets to that Broadway show, or even make an appointment with your hair stylist.
• On the 2nd Floor there is a garden terrace designed by Future Green with BBQ’s, ping pong, outdoor yoga, bocce court, shuffle board, and a large gym with group classes and indoor yoga. There is also a huge party room with a full catering kitchen that opens out to the garden terrace.
• The 15th Floor rooftop terrace offers a sundeck with outdoor misting showers, multiple cabanas, and an event space for private parties.
• The cellar amenities include pool tables, a golf simulator, a 15 seat screening room, poker tables, and lots of TV’s. There is even a library that is curated by Strand Book Stores.
• Bonus: In addition to all of this they also have a pet spa run by Throw Me a Bone, who also offers an on-site Vet, pet grooming services, and a doggie play room.
The new 525W52 is a great new rental development helping make Hell’s Kitchen one of the hotspots to live in NYC. A higher level of design and finishes coupled with an over the top amenity package and competitive pricing on their units makes 525W52 a new building to definitely check out.
For more information on 525W52, visit 525w52nd.com.