By Miki Makrillos | Photos Courtesy of Moll Anderson
When people think of the holidays, they usually think about their menu, shopping lists, and a hectic time of the year. It’s during the holiday hustle and bustle that we don’t often take the time to honestly see the beauty of the season surrounding us.
Moll Anderson is an acclaimed inspirational interior designer, lifestyle expert, and author who shares her expertise to help inspire change in your home, uplift your mood, an impart a multi-sensory experience this holiday season. According to Moll, an elegant doorway, beautiful table-scape, touches of color and candlelit nuances will inspire you to “create your own traditions of celebration and happiness.”
FEARLESS FIVE RULES
• Start Small Paint a wall or doorway, buy flowers you are drawn to.
• Accessorize Use colorful throws, pillows, and accent pieces.
• Music Sound elicits feelings and sets a tone in a room. Have a playlist for all occasions.
• Art Display pieces you are drawn to and love.
• Paint Don’t be afraid to experiment with color. Find your own colors you are attracted to that are uplifting.
MOLL’S HOLIDAY TIPS
• Signature Scent Mix candles with a light, clean scent, with unscented votives to create a relaxing experience. Place unscented candle only around food.
• Place Cards Add a special personalized effect to any dinner table.
• Holiday Favor Wrap a small ornament, fudge or cookies in a box as a favor for each place setting.
• Signature Color Pick your favorite color and let it pop in different ways from room to room.
• Thematic Tree/Gift Wrapping Take a statement color from your Christmas tree and wrap your gifts in the same theme for a balanced dramatic effect.
• Metallics Leave a warm, sparkly touch to your table and decorations.
Guests and family will be amazed at your beautiful holiday décor. These festive tips are easy to achieve, and you will have time to spare. Relax this holiday season and enjoy the compliments that your unique table and a welcoming door will bring you!
Miki Makrillos is a commentator on style, fashion, and lifestyle on her website wonderwomantalks.com.